All capitalized terms used herein that are not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed thereto in the JobBliss Terms.
1. Scope of this Policy
3. Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our Site. For example, depending on the Services you use, we may collect:
- Your name or Company name
- Contact information, such as address, email address, telephone number
- Credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment)
- Information about your education, occupation, skills and experience, awards, memberships and affiliations, activities and interests
- Information imported by you or your connections from third party applications
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so
- Your preferences, occupation, career history, interests and favourites
- Your age, gender, race or ethnicity, if permitted by local law and you choose to provide it
4. How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our Services to you, to communicate with you, to operate and improve our Site, and to foster a positive user experience for you. For example, we use your information to:
- create a profile for you;
- provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- allow you to contact other users or to invite others to join or create an account with JobBliss;
- allow you to import information about yourself or your contacts from other sites or applications or to export your information to other sites or applications;
- make purchases;
- contact you about updates, informational and service-related communications;
- provide you with additional communications, information and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- inform you of other products or services available from JobBliss or its affiliates;
- enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- help your friends, contacts, and potential employers find your profile and connect with you;
- help Freelancers find Listings and connect with Companies;
- provide information about you and your potential interest in job Listings to Companies;
- provide products and services to Companies to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles;
- generate internal reports about the use of our Site;
- allow you to share jobs and profile information;
- give search engines access to public information;
- make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you.
Some of our products and services, such as our searchable résumé database and networking, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you. Profile information may be used for networking with other community members or may be visible to employers who are using JobBliss sites.
Information you post on JobBliss may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. While JobBliss takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use, JobBliss does not control third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you give to us. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive information, or any other information you would not want made public, to any JobBliss site.
5. How We Disclose Information
One of our primary purposes is to connect Companies with Freelancers, so we provide a platform to broadcast the information in Freelancers’ résumés and profiles widely in order to maximize the opportunity for connection between Companies and Freelancers. We do not share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure. We disclose your information as set forth below:
- We share your information with third parties who help deliver our Services to you. Examples include hosting our web servers, including résumé database storage, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose.
- We may disclose information to third parties if you consent. For example:(a) if you make your résumé searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable résumé database will have access to your résumé;
(b) if you opt in to receive information about the opportunities, products, or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties so they may contact you;
(c) if you previously chose to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from JobBliss or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt out in those emails or by editing your account profile as described above.
We also share aggregated information (including location data) about JobBliss site visitors with third parties to serve advertisements to you on our Site or other sites with which we have a business relationship. We may also aggregate data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search. This aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers, freelancers, or community members.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to:(a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process;
(b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies;
(c) prevent a crime or protect national security;
or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of JobBliss’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event JobBliss becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, such information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the site.
6. How We Store Information
We retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make repeat use of our Site more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as described below. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your profile or résumé at any time. Log into your account, go to your profile or résumé, and make the desired changes.
Access to or correction, update, or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by JobBliss if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you wish to delete or close your account or account profile information altogether, please click here to contact us [email protected] We will send you an email to confirm that your personal information has been deleted (save for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as needed for audit and record purposes. We will also keep logs and information that may relate to your activity on the site.
We will respond to information access requests without undue delay of receipt and in any event within 30 days. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
If you are a Contractor or Freelancer and have not logged onto JobBliss for an extended period, we may make your profile unsearchable. Separately, if you do not log into your account for a significant period of time, it may expire and be scheduled for deletion. Expired accounts are deleted on a periodic basis. Our current expiration period is approximately 36 months; we may extend or reduce this period in order to adjust to changing hiring patterns. If we change the period, we will update this notice. You will always receive an email from us before we delete your profile in this manner.
JobBliss is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of majority.
9. International Transfers
JobBliss endeavors to comply with applicable law for the international transfer of your personal information.
11. Data Storage and Processing
Your data is submitted to JobBliss and is hosted and stored in a database on servers situated in the United States owned and maintained by address
JobBliss is the legal entity determining the purposes and means of processing the information gathered on the JobBliss Site and is the data controller of all data stored in the JobBliss database.
JobBliss uses “cookies” to help personalize and maximize your online experience, including for storing user preferences, improving search results and ad selection, and tracking user trends. A cookie is a text file stored on your computer. Cookies store bits of information that we use to help make our Site work.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account.
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of job search results.
- Analytics: We track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
- Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising.
Some cookies will remain on your computer after you have left our Site. We may also allow other third parties to display advertisements to you while you are using our Site. Because your web browser must request these advertisements from those third parties’ servers, these third parties can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. JobBliss has no control over, and is not responsible for, the practices of those third party advertisers. The data stored in these cookies is anonymous and the information is not linked to your personally identifiable information without your permission. The cookies placed by our third party ad servers may remain on your computer after you have left our Site for many years unless you choose to delete them.
JobBliss may use third parties to help provide analytics services and to serve advertisements. You can opt out of third party cookies by setting your browser to decline cookies. Otherwise, if you do not wish to allow your session visitation information on our Site to be aggregated and analyzed by third parties to tailor dynamic content to your specific interests, you may utilize the following opt out mechanism.
Please note if you delete your browser cookies, your opt-out cookie will also be deleted. Additionally, if you change computers or web browsers, you will need to opt out again.
13. Contact Information